The Worldox GX2 Document Management
System is installed directly on the computer that you are using
as your file server. You will also need to designate a separate
workstation-class machine as the Profile and Text Indexer.
File Server Requirements for Worldox GX2
Worldox GX2 does not require a dedicated
file server. It simply needs one (or more) public drives mapped
to a resource with sufficient disk space to hold the documents and
the associated databases at each office.
The Worldox GX2 database overhead
is approximately 25-35% of the profiled documents. For example,
for every 100 MB of documents, Worldox GX2 may use up to an additional
35 MB to store and index associated profiles and text.
The Worldox GX2 databases must reside
on the same resource (drive) as the documents. World Software recommends
setting aside enough free disk space per managed resource to maintain
at least five (5) years of additional documents.
Profile/Text Indexer Workstation Requirements for Worldox GX2
Worldox GX2 requires at least one
Profile/Text indexer PC per office. Worldox GX2 indexers are standard
workstation-class PCs. Their local disk requirements are for temporary
space only; no permanent data is stored on an indexer. Most of today’s
off-the-shelf workstations are sufficient to serve as an indexer.
Important Note: Your database build
and update times correlate directly to the speed and resources of
your indexer PC. If you have large data sets, Worldox Software recommends
utilizing a more powerful PC for indexing.
Minimum recommended Profile/Text
Indexer workstation specifications are:
* Processor: Pentium 4 (or higher).
A Faster processors as well as Dual-Core Processor will provide
* Memory: 2 Gig of RAM Min.(4 Gig Recommended)
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professiona, Microsoft
Windows Vista and Windows 7
* Free Local Disk Space: At least 50% of the disk size of the documents
* Network Connection: 100 Mbps, connected directly to your network
for Worldox GX2 Client Software
Worldox GX2 will run on virtually
any PC that can run Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista and Windows
7. Worldox uses around 50 MB of local disk for application and temporary
files. Please note the minimum workstation specifications for acceptable
* Processor: Pentium III (or higher)
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft
Windows Vista and Windows 7
* Memory: 1 Gig RAM or higher (XP) / 2 Gig MB of RAM or higher (Vista
Requirements for Worldox
Worldox/Web Mobile is a companion
to Worldox GX2 that offers access to your firm's documents from
any Internet browser or supported handheld device like BlackBerry,
iPhone or Web enabled cell phones.
Worldox/Web Mobile requires the following
* Worldox GX or GX2
* Windows Server 2003 or 2008 running IIS
* Full time broadband internet connection
* Static IP address with a corresponding hostname
* A Windows XP or Windows Vista workstation to serve as a Worldox
Proxy Server is highly recommended